Would you like to volunteer for Habitat?
Our ReStore is in need of volunteers. Please consider volunteering at the ReStore. If you are unable, please pass the information along to a friend. Volunteer descriptions can be found below:
Job Title: Intake Room Specialist
Reports to: ReStore Manager
Time Commitment: 4-8 hours per week
Job Description: Effectively prepare all incoming donations for the sales floor using established pricing, merchandising, and inventory procedures. Assist other volunteers and staff as needed. Also responsible for answering customer questions and providing information about the ReStore and about the Habitat affiliate.
- Assist donors and customers with loading and unloading items. Offer every donor a donation receipt and record those that don’t in the notebook.
- Be aware of the guidelines for what merchandise is accepted and what is not. When in doubt or if you are uncomfortable refusing a donation, ask a manager to help.
- Test ALL merchandise that has a cord or motor on it.
- Remove recyclables to the appropriate storage area/containers.
- Clean all product before placing on the showroom floor.
- Using the pricing book, determine the department number and price for every item.
- Tag every item with the department number and price before placing on the floor. Include the size on the tag when appropriate.
- Keep the intake room as clean as possible. Store all tools and cleaning supplies appropriately.
- Sweep floors when not busy.
- Empty carts as quickly as possible so they are available for customer assistance.
- Has work experience in customer service.
- Strong commitment to ethics, honesty, and integrity in conducting business.
- Must be people-oriented, flexible, enthusiastic, and willing to advocate the mission of Habitat for Humanity of Clinton County.
- Exhibit positive working attitude by demonstrating respect for fellow workers, donors and customers.
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment.
- Ability to stay on feet for an extended period of time
- Support the mission of Habitat for Humanity locally.
- Casual work environment.
- References gladly given for successful participants.